
Escape to Nirvana: Varanasi's Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel Awaits
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the swirling, chaotic, and utterly captivating world of Varanasi and its Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel. Forget sterile travel guides, this is the real deal, unfiltered and ready to make you laugh (or maybe cry a little, depending on your tolerance for heat and humanity).
Escape to Nirvana: Varanasi's Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel Awaits - My Honest (and Slightly Biased) Review
So, you're thinking Varanasi? Land of the Ganges, cremation ghats, and enough spiritual energy to power a small city? Excellent choice. It's a sensory overload of the best kind, and you're gonna need a decent place to crash after a day of dodging cows and contemplating the meaning of life. Enter the Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel. (Let's be real, that name alone is a vibe.)
First Impressions (and the inevitable jet lag haze):
Getting there? Well, it's Varanasi. Expect the unexpected. The hotel does offer Airport Transfer, which is a godsend after a long flight. Because trust me, navigating the rickshaw madness after a 15-hour journey is a recipe for disaster. Valet parking is also available, which is a nice touch if you're feeling fancy (and brave enough to drive in India). There's a Car park [on-site] and Car park [free of charge], so parking is not an issue.
The Front desk [24-hour] is your first point of contact, and honestly, the staff were, on the whole, incredibly helpful. I'm pretty sure they'd seen it all, from wide-eyed tourists to seasoned travelers, and they handled everything with a smile. Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private] options are available, which is great if you're eager to get to your room (or escape the chaos).
Accessibility: (because everyone deserves a slice of Varanasi)
Okay, let's talk accessibility. This is important. The hotel offers Facilities for disabled guests and an Elevator, which is a huge plus. I didn't personally test the extent of the accessibility features, but the presence of these amenities suggests they're making an effort, which is commendable. It's always best to contact the hotel directly to confirm specific needs.
The Room: Your Sanctuary (or at least a place to nap)
My room? Okay, full disclosure: I'm not a minimalist. I like my creature comforts. Luckily, the Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel delivers. I'm talking Air conditioning, a serious must-have in Varanasi's scorching heat. Air conditioning in public area is also available. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (and Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN) meant I could stay connected and avoid the dreaded FOMO. The Wi-Fi [free] was pretty reliable, which is a blessing in a city where everything seems to be on its own schedule.
Other room essentials? Complimentary tea (essential!), a Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, a Refrigerator (for those emergency cold drinks), Hair dryer, In-room safe box, and a Desk to pretend you're actually working while you're supposed to be relaxing. Some rooms have Interconnecting room(s) available, which is great if you're traveling with family or friends.
And the bed? Comfortable enough. I'm not going to lie, after a day of exploring, I could have slept on a pile of rocks. But the Extra long bed was a bonus. The Blackout curtains were also a godsend, blocking out the early morning sun and allowing for a much-needed lie-in. Also, Soundproof rooms are available.
Bathroom Bliss (or the lack thereof, depending on your expectations):
The bathroom was… functional. Private bathroom, Separate shower/bathtub, Toiletries, and Towels were all present and accounted for. The hot water situation was a little hit and miss (welcome to India!), but hey, it's part of the adventure, right? The Additional toilet and Bathtub were a definite plus!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Soul (and your stomach)
Okay, food is crucial. Especially when you're burning calories just by existing in Varanasi. The Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel offers a decent range of options.
- Restaurants: Plural! And that's good. You can find Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant (essential in India!), and Western cuisine in restaurant. I went with the vegetarian options.
- Breakfast: Breakfast [buffet] and Asian breakfast were available. The buffet was decent, with a good selection of Indian and Western options. Breakfast service is available, and you can also get Breakfast takeaway service.
- A la carte in restaurant: Yep, you can order your food as per your choice.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, and Poolside bar are all present.
- Room service [24-hour]: This is a lifesaver, especially when jet lag hits at 3 am and you're craving a snack.
- Snack bar, Bottle of water, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, and Salad in restaurant are also available.
- Happy hour is a great way to unwind after a day of sightseeing.
The Pool with a View (and a side of relaxation):
The Swimming pool [outdoor] is a welcome oasis after a day of navigating the crowded streets. The Pool with view is stunning, especially at sunset. Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, and Fitness center are available. I spent a good chunk of time just chilling by the pool, soaking up the sun, and pretending I was a glamorous movie star. (I'm not, but a girl can dream).
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax):
Okay, this is where the hotel really shines. They've got a pretty impressive arsenal of relaxation options.
- Spa: Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, and Foot bath. I indulged in a massage, and it was pure bliss. The masseuse was incredibly skilled, and I walked out feeling like a new person.
- Gym/fitness: For those who like to sweat.
- Sauna, Steamroom, and Swimming pool are all there to help you relax.
- Shrine: If you are looking for a bit of spirituality, this is the place.
Cleanliness and Safety: (because nobody wants the Delhi belly)
Okay, let's get real. Hygiene is a big deal in India. The Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel seemed to take cleanliness seriously.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Hand sanitizer, and Staff trained in safety protocol were all in place.
- Hygiene certification is also available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are a plus.
For the Kids (or the inner child):
If you're traveling with children, the hotel offers Babysitting service and Kids facilities. It is Family/child friendly.
Services and Conveniences: (because you're on vacation, dammit!)
- Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes.
- Contactless check-in/out is available.
- Convenience store is on site.
- Food delivery is also there.
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, Valet parking.
Things to Note (and a few imperfections):
- Pets allowed unavailable: If you're traveling with your furry friend, you might need to make other arrangements.
- Smoking area: If you need to smoke.
- Shrine: if you are looking for spirituality.
My Verdict (the TL;DR version):
The Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel is a solid choice for your Varanasi adventure. It's clean, comfortable, well-located, and offers a good range of amenities. It's not perfect (no place is!), but it's a great base for exploring this incredible city. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the pool is a lifesaver.
But here's the thing: this isn't just a hotel. It's a feeling. It's a place to decompress after a day of sensory overload. It's a place to reflect on the beauty and chaos of Varanasi. It's a place to laugh, to eat,
Bogor Valley's BEST Apartment? Paulina Property Tower A Unveiled!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly polished travel itinerary. This is my Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel, Varanasi, India, survival guide… or maybe a descent into glorious chaos. Let's see if I even make it out alive, shall we?
Day 1: Arrival & Holy Cow… Seriously, Holy Cow? (And a Mild Panic Attack)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Arrive at Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (VNS). Okay, the airport's… functional. Let's be generous. The air, however, is already thick with that glorious, spicy, everything-at-once smell that is Varanasi. I'm immediately regretting my decision to wear white. Pre-booked taxi chaos ensues. The driver, bless his heart, speaks approximately zero English, and I speak… well, let's just say my Hindi is limited to "Namaste" and "Ek cup chai, please?" which, spoiler alert, is not enough to negotiate taxi fares. Finally, after much pointing, gesturing, and a healthy dose of bargaining (I think I got a decent price?), we're off.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The drive. Oh, the drive. This is where the culture shock really hits. Holy cow. Literally. Cows. Everywhere. Just chilling in the middle of the road, like they own the place (and, let's be honest, they probably do). Motorbikes weaving in and out of traffic with what seems like reckless abandon. The dust. The noise. The sheer intensity of it all. I start to question everything. Did I pack enough wet wipes? Did I accidentally pack my entire life in this backpack? Did I leave the oven on? (No, wait, that was back home… right?) Arrive at Shree Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hotel. It's… charmingly… rustic. The lobby is filled with the scent of incense and… something else I can't quite place (probably a hint of cow dung, let's be real). Check-in is slow. Very slow. The paperwork seems to go on forever. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Deep breaths. This is supposed to be an adventure, right?
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): The hotel restaurant. I order something that looks vaguely familiar on the menu. It arrives. It's… spicy. Very spicy. My mouth is on fire. I gulp down about a gallon of water. I am also already sweating. This is going to be a long trip.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): A stroll through the ghats. This is what I came for, right? The Ganges. The burning ghats. The spiritual heart of Varanasi. And… wow. Just wow. The sheer energy of the place is palpable. The burning ghats are… confronting. The smoke, the smell, the sheer finality of it all. It's beautiful, in a very raw, visceral way. I'm overwhelmed. I see a guy with a dreadlocks and a beard, I think he's a tourist, too, but he looks like he's seen a ghost. I, too, might be seeing a ghost. I see a group of people bathing in the Ganges, completely unfazed by the… well, by everything. I dip my toes in the water. Freezing. Immediately back out. I am a wimp.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Sunset Ganga Aarti. This is a must-see. The ceremony is beautiful, the chanting is hypnotic, and the atmosphere is electric. It's a true sensory overload. I try to take photos, but the light is difficult, and I keep getting bumped by other tourists. I also keep getting hit by incense smoke. I love it. I hate it. I love it.
- Dinner (7:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Back to the hotel restaurant. I order something I can actually recognize this time. Dal Makhani. It's delicious. Comforting. I need comfort.
- Night (8:00 PM - onwards): Collapse in bed. Realize I forgot to buy mosquito repellent. Swear. Write in my journal. Consider ordering a pizza. Abandon the idea. Fall asleep to the sounds of Varanasi. Which is, let's be honest, a symphony of honking, chanting, and… something else I can't quite place.
Day 2: The Search for Chai & the Great Rickshaw Ride of Death
- Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up. Realize I have a mosquito bite on my forehead. Swear again. Decide I MUST find chai. This is a non-negotiable. Wander the streets near the hotel, trying to find a decent tea stall. The streets are already buzzing with life. I'm the only tourist who looks like I'm about to pass out. Finally, find a tiny stall, order chai (with my limited Hindi skills, which I am starting to feel are greatly improving), and… it's heaven. Warm, sweet, spicy. Life is good. Briefly.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Decide to explore the narrow alleys of Varanasi. Mistake. Get hopelessly lost. Get completely swamped by the smell of sewage. Almost step in something I'd rather not step in. Almost get run over by a motorbike. Wander around in a daze, completely disoriented, and start to question my sanity. Find a small, hidden temple. It's beautiful, peaceful, and a welcome respite from the chaos.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Seek solace in the familiar. Return to the hotel restaurant. Order something bland.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Decide to visit Sarnath, the site where Buddha gave his first sermon. Hire a rickshaw. This is where things get… interesting. The rickshaw ride is a white-knuckle experience. The driver weaves through traffic with the skill of a seasoned race car driver (or a maniac, depending on your perspective). We narrowly avoid several collisions. I clutch the seat, praying for my life. I scream in silence. We arrive at Sarnath, somehow still alive. Sarnath is beautiful. Serene. The stupas are stunning. I wander around, trying to find some inner peace, which is hard to do when you're still recovering from the rickshaw ride.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): The rickshaw ride back to the hotel. I negotiate a (slightly) less terrifying pace. I think. Maybe I'm just numb now.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner. This time, I'm feeling adventurous. Try something new. Chicken Tikka Masala. It's… okay.
- Night (8:00 PM - onwards): Watch the world go by. People-watching at the ghats. Varanasi at night is a different beast. The atmosphere is even more electric. The lights, the sounds, the smells… it's a true assault on the senses. I sit on the steps of the ghats, watching the boats on the Ganges, and feel… something. Maybe peace. Maybe exhaustion. Maybe just a deep, abiding appreciation for the fact that I'm still alive.
Day 3: The Boat Ride, the Mishap, and the Unforgettable Moment
- Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Sunrise boat ride on the Ganges. This is a MUST. The sun rising over the Ganges is breathtaking. The light is magical. I see the funeral pyres, the bathers, the temples. It's a truly unforgettable experience. I feel a profound sense of… something. Maybe awe. Maybe sadness. Maybe just the overwhelming beauty of it all. I take a million photos. Probably too many.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Explore the ghats further. Visit Manikarnika Ghat, the main cremation ghat. It's a difficult experience. The smell of burning wood is intense. The reality of life and death is right there, in front of you. It's a deeply moving experience.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): The hotel restaurant. I'm starting to feel like I live here. Order something familiar.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): The Mishap. I attempt to buy a souvenir. I'm haggling with a vendor. I'm feeling confident. I accidentally knock over a stack of incense sticks. I apologize profusely. The vendor is surprisingly understanding. He smiles. He offers me a discount. I buy the incense sticks. I feel like I've won.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): I'm walking through the alleyways. I see a group of children playing cricket. They invite me to join them. I, in

So, what *IS* Escape to Nirvana supposed to be, anyway? And is it actually Nirvana? (Spoiler: Probably not.)
Okay, fine, not Nirvana. But is it… clean? Because let's be honest, hygiene is a concern.
The food! Is the food any good? I'm STARVING. And will it *kill* me?
What's the deal with the Hare Rama Hare Krishna thing? Is it, like, super intense? Do I need to chant?
Is the location good? I want to be close to the action, but also… sleep.
The staff! Were they helpful? Or did they just stare at me blankly? (I'm expecting blank stares.)
Okay, so the internet. I NEED internet. How is the Wi-Fi? (Because, let's be honest, I'm addicted.)

