Chongqing's BEST Hotel? Atour Bishan CBD Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Chongqing's BEST Hotel? Atour Bishan CBD Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Chongqing's BEST Hotel? Atour Bishan CBD Review (You Won't Believe This!) - A Messy, Honest, and Totally Human Take

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (or maybe the Chongqing hot pot broth?) on the Atour Hotel Bishan CBD. This isn't your average hotel review. We're going deep, folks. We're talking real-life experiences, the good, the bad, the slightly-burnt-toast-at-breakfast ugly. I'm here to give you the truth (and maybe giggle a bit along the way).

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Good, The Not-So-Good (and the Elevator Drama)

Right off the bat, the Atour Bishan CBD… well, it looks impressive. Modern, sleek, all that jazz. Finding it was pretty easy, thankfully. Accessibility is a big deal for me, and while the hotel says it caters to disabled guests, I always approach these claims with a healthy dose of skepticism. Elevator access is key, obviously, and thankfully, there were multiple elevators, and they seemed to be functioning properly. Now, the hallways? Plenty wide, which is a huge plus. Wheelchair accessible rooms? I didn't personally experience one, but based on the layout, I'd say it's likely they've put thought into it. But, and this is a big but, I did witness a slightly frazzled guest struggling to navigate the automatic doors with a mountain of luggage. Minor detail, yes, but it's these little things that can make or break a stay. Car park [free of charge] – massive bonus! Finding parking in a CBD is a nightmare, so kudos on that.

Internet & Tech Shenanigans: Wi-Fi Woes and the LAN Life

Let's talk Internet. Because let's be honest, in this day and age, it's practically a human right. They boast Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, which is great in theory. In practice? Well, sometimes it was lightning fast, perfect for streaming movies and doing some work. Other times? Let's just say I spent more time watching the little spinning wheel of death than I did actually watching the movie. Internet [LAN] is also available, which is a nice touch for those who prefer a wired connection. Internet services were… well, they existed. Nothing mind-blowing, nothing terrible. Just… internet.

Cleanliness & Safety: The Sanitization Station and My Germophobia

Okay, this is where Atour really shines, especially with the post-pandemic world. They take Cleanliness and safety seriously. Seriously seriously. They’ve got the whole shebang: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere you turn (thank god!), and Staff trained in safety protocol. They even had Individually-wrapped food options at breakfast, which always makes me feel a little more secure. Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. Rooms sanitization opt-out available? Double-check. Seeing all that really put my germophobe brain at ease. I felt safe. Really safe.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Breakfast Buffet Battle & The Midnight Snack Adventure

Alright, food! Let's get down to business. The Breakfast [buffet] was… an experience. A very busy experience. Asian breakfast options were plentiful and delicious (hello, congee!), but the Western breakfast choices were a little… underwhelming. The scrambled eggs tasted suspiciously like they’d been born in a lab. But, the coffee was strong, the fruit was fresh, and I definitely ate my weight in pastries. A Coffee shop is available, which is a lifesaver in the morning.

Restaurants? They have a couple. I tried the one serving Asian cuisine in restaurant, and it was decent, nothing to write home about. A la carte in restaurant options were available, but I mostly stuck to the buffet because, well, it was there. The Poolside bar looked inviting, but I never actually made it there. (Priorities, people, priorities!) Room service [24-hour] is a godsend, especially when you're battling jet lag at 3 am and desperately craving a snack. I ordered a late-night bowl of noodles, and it was surprisingly good. The Snack bar was convenient for grabbing a quick bite.

Services and Conveniences: From Laundry to Luggage - The Ups & Downs

The Services and conveniences were pretty standard. Daily housekeeping was efficient. Laundry service was a lifesaver (thank you, travel stains!). Luggage storage was offered without a problem. Concierge was helpful when I needed directions. Cash withdrawal was easy with the ATM. Dry cleaning was available. Ironing service came in handy. Air conditioning in public area was a blessing because Chongqing can be hot.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Dreams and Gym Nightmares

Now, this is where Atour really shines. They have a Spa, a Swimming pool [outdoor], a Fitness center, and a Sauna. I hit the Spa/sauna and it was glorious. The masseuse was amazing. I felt all the stress melt away. The Pool with view was stunning. Seriously, the view alone was worth the price of admission. The Gym/fitness center? Well, it was… there. It had treadmills, weights, and the usual suspects. Let's just say I didn't spend too much time there.

Available in all rooms: The Room Rundown - My Personal Fortress

My room? Comfortable, clean, and functional. Air conditioning was a must. Blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleeping in. Coffee/tea maker was a welcome touch. Free bottled water was a nice perk. Hair dryer? Check. In-room safe box? Check. Internet access – wireless? (Mostly) Check. Non-smoking room? Double-check. Shower? Perfectly fine. Slippers? Always appreciated. Soundproofing? Pretty decent. I had a Desk, a Seating area, and a Refrigerator. The Mirror was big enough to check if I’d left food on my face after breakfast. Overall, my personal space was a sanctuary. Getting Around:

Airport transfer was easy and convenient. Car park [on-site] was super useful. Taxi service was readily available.

The Quirks & Imperfections: The Minor Annoyances and the Unexpected Delights

Okay, let's get real. No hotel is perfect. One minor annoyance: the TV remote was a bit… temperamental. It took a few tries to get it to work. And the elevator music? Well, let's just say it wasn't exactly my jam. But honestly, these are minor quibbles.

The Verdict: Is Atour Bishan CBD Worth It?

Okay, drumroll please… YES! Absolutely, yes. Despite the minor hiccups, the Atour Bishan CBD is a solid choice. It's clean, safe, comfortable, and offers a great range of amenities. Plus, the spa is a game-changer.

Chongqing's BEST Hotel? Atour Bishan CBD Review - The Ultimate Offer

ARE YOU READY TO ESCAPE?

Tired of the same old boring hotels? Yearning for a truly relaxing and rejuvenating experience? Then book your stay at the Atour Bishan CBD NOW!

Here's what you get:

  • A Sanctuary of Cleanliness: Experience the peace of mind that comes with our rigorous hygiene protocols and anti-viral cleaning.
  • Relaxation Redefined: Indulge in our luxurious spa, take a dip in our stunning pool with a view, and melt away stress.
  • Convenience at Your Fingertips: Enjoy 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi, and a prime location in the heart of Bishan CBD.
  • A Taste of Chongqing: Savor delicious Asian cuisine, fuel up at our breakfast buffet, and enjoy a perfect cup of coffee.
  • Unbeatable Value: Experience luxury and comfort without breaking the bank.

But that's not all!

Book your stay within the next 72 hours and receive a FREE complimentary spa treatment!

Click here to book your unforgettable escape at the Atour Bishan CBD!

Don't wait! This offer won't last forever. Experience the best of Chongqing!

KLCC View Studio: Luxury Colony @ Infinitum, KL - Book Now!

Book Now

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is… well, this is me, trying to wrangle a trip to the Atour Hotel in Chongqing's Bishan CBD, and things are already… interesting.

The Chongqing Chaos: A Totally Unreliable Schedule (Because Let's Be Real, Schedules Are Just Suggestions)

Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread (aka, Getting Lost in the CBD)

  • 6:00 AM (Supposedly): Wake up in a pre-dawn panic because I swear I set the alarm. Nope. Probably a good thing, considering I'm still battling jet lag from… well, from existing. Coffee is MANDATORY. And strong. Like, "can-see-into-the-future" strong.
  • 6:30 AM - 8:00 AM: The mad dash to the airport. Taxi? Metro? Who even knows anymore? My brain is still mostly scrambled eggs. Let's pray the luggage gods are smiling on me.
  • 10:00 AM (Estimate, because time is a construct): Arrive at Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport (CKG). Breathe. Try not to look like I'm about to spontaneously combust. Find the actual exit this time, not the one that led me to the baggage claim for the wrong airline last trip.
  • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Great Transportation Debacle. Taxi? Didi? Pray for a driver who speaks some English. Google Translate is my new best friend (and probably my only friend at this point). The Bishan CBD is… vast. Prepare for disorientation. Prepare for a mini-meltdown.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Check into Atour Hotel Bishan CBD. Pray the room isn't haunted. Or, even better, that it is haunted and the ghost is a friendly one who can point me to the best dumplings in town.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. This is CRUCIAL. I need fuel to survive the next few hours of… well, whatever this trip has in store. Sichuan cuisine is calling my name, even if my stomach is screaming in fear.
  • 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Explore the Bishan CBD. Okay, this is where the plan kind of… falls apart. The CBD is HUGE. Buildings, people, more buildings. I'll wander. I'll get lost. I'll probably take way too many photos of things I don't understand. Expect a lot of "Wow, that's a building!" and "What is that?" moments.
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Finding a local tea shop. I need to calm my nerves. Tea is the answer to all problems. Especially when those problems include jet lag and the overwhelming feeling of being a tiny speck in a giant city.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. More Sichuan food, obviously. But this time, I'm determined to find the best hot pot. The quest for the perfect broth begins! (And probably ends in me sweating like a pig).
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Collapse into bed. Pray for sleep. And maybe a miracle. Or at least a really good pillow.

Day 2: The Chongqing Delights (and Potential Disasters)

  • 8:00 AM (Maybe): Wake up. Or, more accurately, drag myself out of bed. The jet lag is still clinging on like a lovesick leech. More coffee is required. Possibly an IV drip of caffeine.
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: The Great Food Hunt, Part 2. This time, I'm going for breakfast. I've heard tales of incredible Chongqing noodles. I shall find them. Even if it means wandering the streets until my feet fall off.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Venture out to explore a more local area. Some hidden gem. Some place that isn't a massive skyscraper. Maybe a park? A market? Anything to feel a little less… overwhelmed.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. Maybe I'll stumble upon something amazing during my morning quest. Or maybe I'll end up eating instant noodles from a convenience store. The suspense is killing me!
  • 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Ciqikou Ancient Town Adventure. This is where things get interesting. I've heard Ciqikou is a must-see. Beautiful, historic, full of… tourists. But hey, I'm a tourist too. Expect cobblestone streets, souvenir shops, and a whole lot of people-watching. I'm prepared for the crowds. I'm not prepared for the sensory overload.
    • The Ciqikou Incident (and the Dumpling Debacle): Okay, so Ciqikou was… something. Absolutely beautiful, but also a total maze. I swear, I spent half the time just trying to figure out which way was up. And the dumplings? Oh, the dumplings. I saw a stand with these adorable little soup dumplings, steam rising, the smell… heavenly. I ordered a plate. Took a bite. And… well, let's just say my taste buds were not prepared for the level of spice. Tears streamed down my face. My nose ran. I looked like a complete idiot. But hey, at least I got a good story, right?
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Regroup. Recover from the dumpling trauma. Hydrate.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. Maybe I'll try something less… explosive this time. Maybe. Or maybe I'll embrace the Sichuan fire and go for round two!
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Watch some TV in the hotel. Maybe find a movie in English. Try to mentally prepare for another day of adventures (and potential disasters).

Day 3: The Farewell Frenzy (aka, Getting Out Alive)

  • 8:00 AM (I hope): Wake up. Pack. The dreaded moment.
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: One last breakfast. Gotta savor those noodles while I can!
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Final souvenir hunt. Panic buying is a real thing. I will probably buy way too much stuff I don't need. But hey, it's all about the memories (and the tiny pandas).
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. A quick bite. Gotta fuel up for the journey back to the airport.
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Check out of the hotel. Say goodbye to my temporary home.
  • 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Great Transportation Debacle, Part 2. Pray for a smooth journey to the airport. Pray for a driver who doesn't get lost.
  • 4:00 PM (ish): Arrive at Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport (CKG). Check-in. Try not to hyperventilate.
  • Departure: Wave goodbye to Chongqing. Reflect on the chaos. Vow to return someday. Maybe with a better plan. And definitely with a stronger tolerance for spice.

The Fine Print (Because There Always is)

  • This is a suggestion, not a rule book. Feel free to deviate. Get lost. Embrace the unexpected.
  • Pace yourself. Chongqing is a whirlwind. Don't try to do everything. Just enjoy the ride.
  • Learn a few basic Mandarin phrases. It will make your life a lot easier (and probably get you some smiles).
  • Be prepared for crowds. Especially in popular tourist spots.
  • Most importantly: Have fun! Even when things go wrong. Because let's be honest, that's when the best stories are made.

And that, my friends, is my ridiculously optimistic and probably doomed-to-fail itinerary. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Luxury at Imani Villas, Bali

Book Now

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Atour Bishan CBD, Chongqing: My Chaotic, Honest Review - Buckle Up!

Okay, spill the tea! Is Atour Bishan CBD REALLY as good as everyone says?

Alright, deep breaths. The short answer? *Kinda*. The long answer? Buckle up, buttercup. It's a rollercoaster. I went in expecting a pristine, Instagram-perfect experience, and… well, let's just say reality had other plans. The lobby *is* stunning, I'll give them that. Marble, fancy lighting, the whole shebang. Felt like I'd accidentally wandered into a fashion show. But the "good as everyone says" hype? Let's just say it requires a healthy dose of perspective.

What about the rooms? Are they actually comfortable?

Rooms... okay. Look, the bed? Glorious. Cloud-like, seriously. I wanted to marry the mattress. The pillows? Perfect. I slept like a log. *That* part was amazing. But... and there’s always a but, right? The layout was a bit… *off*. Felt a bit like they prioritized aesthetics over functionality. Like, the desk was tiny! I’m a writer, I need space! And the lighting? Dim, moody, and made me feel like I was perpetually stuck in a dimly lit speakeasy. Not ideal for, you know, actually *seeing* things. Oh! And the view? Mine was of a brick wall. A very close, very imposing brick wall. So, comfy bed? Yes. Practical room? Debatable.

The breakfast! Everyone raves about the breakfast. Is it worth the hype?

The breakfast… *sigh*. Here’s where things get interesting. The spread is impressive, I'll give them that. Noodles, dumplings, pastries, the works. I was practically drooling when I walked in. But… the execution was a little… *meh*. The coffee was lukewarm, the eggs were rubbery, and the dumplings were… well, let's just say I've had better. I'm not going to lie, I went back for seconds on the pastries (because, well, pastries), but it wasn't the breakfast of champions I'd been promised. It was more like... breakfast, with a decent pastry selection. Look, I’m a breakfast snob, okay? Don't judge me!

What about the service? Were the staff friendly and helpful?

Okay, this is where things get… complicated. The staff were *generally* friendly, yes. They were polite, they smiled, they did their best. But there was a certain… *disconnect*. Like, they weren’t *genuinely* engaged. It felt a little… robotic, if I'm being honest. One time, I asked for an extra towel, and it took, like, an hour. And then, when it arrived, it was… damp. Damp! I almost lost it. But I held it together. Mostly. Look, they were trying, bless their hearts. But "helpful" is a strong word. More like "present".

Did you use any of the hotel's amenities? Like the gym or the spa?

The gym? I *wanted* to. I really, really did. But after seeing the… *ahem*… state of the equipment (a rusty treadmill, a weight machine that looked like it was held together with duct tape), I decided to skip it. Instead, I opted for a leisurely stroll around the block, which, let me tell you, was far more exciting than staring at a broken elliptical. As for the spa? I didn't even bother. The thought of it conjured images of questionable massage techniques and dimly lit rooms. Nope. Not for me.

Okay, so what was the *worst* thing about your stay? Spill the tea, please!

Ugh, the worst thing? Without a doubt, the *noise*. Holy moly, the noise! It was like living in a construction site. Construction started at 6 AM every single morning. And I’m a light sleeper! I tried earplugs, I tried white noise, I even considered barricading myself in the bathroom. Nothing worked. I was constantly jolted awake by the incessant hammering, drilling, and the general cacophony of urban life. I spent most of my stay in a state of bleary-eyed exhaustion. It was brutal. Absolutely brutal. It honestly ruined a good chunk of my experience. I wanted to scream! I did scream, actually, a few times. Into my pillow.

And the *best* thing? Was there *anything* you actually enjoyed?

Okay, okay, before you think I hated *everything*, let me tell you about the lobby again. I loved it. It was gorgeous. And the location! Bishan CBD is pretty convenient for getting around. Plus, the bed was REALLY good. And the pastries, I can’t deny, were pretty darn good. The water pressure in the shower was also phenomenal. So, there's that.

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Ugh, that's a tough one. Honestly? Probably not. Unless they can guarantee me a room *far* away from the construction and with a decent view. And maybe a breakfast upgrade. And a less damp towel. And… you know what? Maybe I should just look for a different hotel. I'm on the fence, maybe if the price was right, and they *really* guaranteed quiet… but the noise! The noise is a dealbreaker. So, probably not. Sorry, Atour Bishan CBD. You're pretty, but you're just not *my* hotel.

Any final thoughts or tips for potential guests?

Okay, my final thoughts: Manage your expectations. It’s not perfect, but it’s not terrible either. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Lots of them. And maybe a tranquilizer. (Just kidding… mostly.) Don't go expecting five-star luxury, and you might be pleasantly surprised. But be prepared for some imperfections. And hey, the bed is great. That alone might be worth it. Maybe. Good luck, and happy travels! And if you go, tell me if the construction has stopped! I'm genuinely curious.
Book Hotels Now

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China

Atour Hotel Chongqing Bishan CBD Financial Street Chongqing China