
Nanchang's BEST Hotel? Bayi Square Views at Atour Hotel!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling, neon-lit heart of Nanchang and, more specifically, the supposedly glorious Bayi Square Views at Atour Hotel! This isn't your dry, robotic hotel review. This is the real deal, warts and all, from a traveler who's seen some stuff (and probably left a few crumbs behind).
Let's Start with the Big Kahuna: Accessibility (and My Slightly Clumsy Self)
Okay, so, accessibility. This is HUGE for me. I appreciate hotels that don't treat wheelchair users or those with mobility issues like they're a species from another planet. Here, the elevators were actually working (a minor miracle in some parts of China, let me tell you!). The rooms, thankfully, weren't a claustrophobic nightmare. They've got ramps, so that's a big win. Now, I didn't personally need a wheelchair-accessible room, but I did peek in a few (because, you know, nosy traveler). They seemed pretty decent, with grab bars and enough space to actually move around. So, thumbs up on that front.
On-Site Grub and Guzzle: Restaurants and Lounges (and My Quest for the Perfect Dumpling)
Listen, I'm a foodie. A serious foodie. So, the on-site restaurants were a major selling point. They have Asian and Western cuisine! (which is perfect for a mixed group like me). I'm not sure what's better than sitting in a restaurant with a view, and they have that! I spent a good chunk of my time trying to find the perfect dumpling – and while I didn't find the one, the options were pretty darn good. Breakfast? Buffet style, baby! (more on that later, because it’s a wild ride). They also have a bar, which is crucial. Happy hour? Yes, please! Poolside bar? Tempting, but I didn't actually use the pool.
The "Relaxation" Zone: Spa, Sauna, and the Elusive "Body Scrub" (and My Attempt at Zen)
Okay, the spa. This is where things get… interesting. They advertise a whole shebang – sauna, steamroom, massages, the works. Now, I'm not a spa aficionado. My idea of relaxation usually involves a good book and a serious nap. But, I figured, "When in Nanchang…" So, I booked a massage.
The massage itself? Well, it was… intense. Let's just say my masseuse had a very firm hand. I emerged feeling like a noodle, but in a good way. The sauna and steamroom were clean and well-maintained. But the body scrub? I didn't partake. I'm too clumsy. I'd probably end up scrubbing my face and the floor. But hey, the options are there!
Cleanliness and Safety: Because, Let's Face It, We're All a Little Germophobic Now (and the Hand Sanitizer Obsession)
Alright, COVID times. We're all paranoid. I get it. The Atour Hotel seems to get it too. Hand sanitizer everywhere! Seriously, it was like a hand-sanitizing wonderland. They had anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff trained in safety protocols. The rooms were sanitized between stays (I peeked at the cleaning staff, they seemed thorough). They even had individually-wrapped food options at the breakfast buffet. I felt pretty safe.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Buffet Saga (and the Great Egg Incident of '23)
Okay, the buffet. This deserves its own paragraph. It's a full-blown, early-morning circus. They have everything: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, fruit, pastries, noodles, eggs cooked a million different ways. The sheer volume of food is impressive.
Now, here's where it gets personal. I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to order an omelet. The chef, bless his heart, was clearly overwhelmed. The omelet… emerged looking more like a scrambled egg pancake. And it tasted… interesting. Let's just say it was a memorable breakfast. But hey, it was an experience! And there were other options. Like the glorious, golden-brown bacon.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference (and the Elevator Drama)
They have all the usual suspects: laundry service, dry cleaning, a concierge, luggage storage, and a convenience store. The elevator… well, it was a bit of a gamble at times. Sometimes it worked perfectly, other times it took a while. But hey, I wasn't in a rush.
For the Kids (and the Babysitting Option): Family Friendly?
I didn't travel with kids, but they have babysitting service. The hotel is generally family-friendly, so, if you're traveling with the little ones, it seems like a good option.
Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms: The Details That Matter (and the Blackout Curtains That Saved My Sanity)
The rooms themselves? Comfortable. Clean. Modern. The Bayi Square views? Pretty spectacular. Especially at night, when the city lights twinkle. Air conditioning? Essential. Blackout curtains? My savior. After a long day of exploring, those things were a godsend. They have everything you’d expect – a coffee/tea maker, mini bar, safe, etc. The internet access was reliable, which is crucial.
Getting Around: Location, Location, Location (and the Taxi Troubles)
The hotel is in a good location, close to the main attractions. Getting a taxi? That was a bit of a challenge at times. But the front desk was helpful with arranging transportation.
The Verdict: Is the Bayi Square Views at Atour Hotel Worth It?
Okay, so, the big question: Would I recommend the Bayi Square Views at Atour Hotel? Yes. Absolutely. It's not perfect. Nothing is. But it's a solid choice. It’s clean, conveniently located, and has all the amenities you need. The staff were friendly and helpful. The views are stunning. And the breakfast buffet is an experience you won't soon forget.
Here's the Deal: The "Book Now and Get Your Dumpling Fix!" Offer
Book your stay at the Bayi Square Views at Atour Hotel within the next 7 days and get:
- A complimentary dumpling tasting experience at the hotel restaurant! (Yes, you read that right. Dumplings!)
- A free upgrade to a room with a balcony (while supplies last)!
- 20% off a spa treatment of your choice! (Because you deserve it after all that sightseeing.)
- Free access to the fitness center! (So you can work off all those dumplings.)
Don't miss out on this chance to experience the best of Nanchang! Click here to book now and start your adventure! (Insert Booking Link Here)
Aoi Business Hotel Onomichi: Japan's Hidden Gem? You NEED to See This!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Nanchang adventure. This isn't your glossy brochure itinerary, this is the real, unfiltered, potentially disaster-prone version. We're talking Atour Hotel in the heart of the Bayi Square, right by the Provincial TV Station. Let's see if I survive… and if I actually manage to find decent coffee.
Day 1: Arrival, Arrival, Annoyance (and Noodles!)
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Arrival & Hotel Check-in: Expectation vs. Reality: Landed in Nanchang! Jetlag already hitting me harder than I anticipated. The airport felt… functional. Not glamorous, but functional. Finding the Atour Hotel? Easy peasy, right? WRONG. Turns out, "close to the Provincial TV Station" is a relative term. Wandering around for a good 20 minutes, sweating like a pig in a sauna (thanks, humidity!). Finally, found it. The lobby was… pleasant. Clean, modern, all that jazz. Check-in? Smooth. Score one for the Atour.
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Room Reconnaissance & Minor Panic: Okay, room's decent. View? Let's just say it's a view. Probably best not to stare too long. First order of business: locate the coffee situation. The mini-fridge is stocked with… water. Great. Absolutely fantastic. Commence internal freak-out. Where am I going to get my caffeine fix?!
- 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Noodle Nirvana (and Street Smarts): Resisting the urge to collapse on the bed, I ventured out in search of sustenance. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall noodle place a few blocks away. No English menu, but hey, that's what pointing and smiling are for, right? The noodles? Absolutely INSANE. Seriously, the best noodles I've ever had. Slurping them down, sweat beading on my forehead, and loving every second. Realizing I need to learn a few basic Mandarin phrases ASAP. "Thank you" is a must. "More chili oil, please" is a close second.
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Bayi Square Ramble & The Curious Case of the Elderly Couple: Decided to hit up Bayi Square since it's right there. Massive. Impressive. A little overwhelming, actually. Saw a group of people doing Tai Chi – looked incredibly graceful, even though I'm pretty sure I'd trip over my own feet. Wandered around, people-watching. Came across an elderly couple holding hands. They were smiling at each other, and it was the sweetest thing I've seen all day. Made me feel a little bit… hopeful.
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner Debacle (and the Language Barrier): Back to the hotel to freshen up, then decided to try a restaurant nearby for dinner. This is where the language barrier REALLY hit me. The menu was entirely in Chinese, and the staff spoke very little English. I pointed at a picture of something that looked vaguely edible and hoped for the best. It turned out to be… interesting. Let's just say I'm not entirely sure what I ate, but it was definitely an experience. Ended up ordering a second dish, just to be sure. Still not sure.
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Sunset Stroll & The Hotel's Lack of Coffee (Again): Walked around a bit, trying to find a good spot to watch the sunset. Found a little park, and the view was pretty spectacular. The sky was on fire! Truly beautiful. Back to the hotel, defeated in my search for caffeine. Seriously, this is a crisis.
Day 2: The Provincial TV Station (and My Inner Drama Queen)
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: The Caffeine Crisis Continues (and a Glimmer of Hope): Still no coffee. The despair is REAL. Checked the hotel's "convenience store". Instant coffee. Instant. I may cry. Then, a miracle! Spotted a small café across the street. Their coffee machine looked… promising. Fingers crossed!
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: The Provincial TV Station: Tourist or Stalker?: Okay, the Provincial TV Station. I'm not entirely sure why I wanted to go here, but hey, when in Nanchang, right? It's… a building. A big one. Took some pictures, felt a little awkward, and then decided to move on before security started eyeing me suspiciously. Maybe I should've signed up for a tour, but that would've involved… speaking Mandarin. Nah.
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Market Mayhem and Bargaining Battles: Decided to brave a local market. This was chaos. Glorious, vibrant, overwhelming chaos. The smells, the sounds, the sheer number of people… It was sensory overload in the best possible way. Tried bargaining for a souvenir (a questionable-looking tea set). I'm pretty sure I was ripped off, but the experience was worth it. My Mandarin is improving… slowly.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch, Reflection, and the Noodles’ Return: Back to the noodle place! Seriously, those noodles are addictive. Contemplated my life choices while slurping deliciousness. Realized I'm probably going to eat those noodles every day I'm here. No regrets.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The River's Edge & Existential Musings: Went down to the Gan River. The water was murky, the air was humid, but still, it was peaceful. Sat on a bench and watched the boats go by. Started thinking about… everything. Life, love, the meaning of it all. Standard tourist stuff.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Tea Time (and the Coffee Rescue): Found a tea house! Okay, finally something to drink. Ordered a pot of green tea. It was… perfect. Calming, refreshing, exactly what I needed after the market madness. And the cafe across the street? Yes! The coffee was mediocre, but it was coffee. Crisis averted.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner & The Karaoke Temptation: Dinner at another place. This time, a bit easier. Learned a few more food words. The food was good but the atmosphere was a little flat. Then saw a karaoke bar nearby. I'm not usually a karaoke person, but… the temptation is real. Maybe tomorrow.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Hotel Reflections & Pre-emptive Coffee Concerns: Back at the hotel. Jetlag is hitting HARD tonight. Already worrying about tomorrow's coffee situation. Praying for a miracle. Maybe I'll learn to love instant coffee. Maybe.
Day 3: Potential Karaoke Catastrophe & Departure
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Coffee (Hallelujah!) & Packing Woes: Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! The day is starting off right. Packed my bag. Realized I bought way too many souvenirs.
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Last-Minute Market Run & Souvenir Regrets: One last dash to the market for those things I "forgot". Probably overspent again. Oh well.
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Noodle Farewell & The Karaoke Dilemma: One last noodle feast. Saying goodbye to those noodles is going to be harder than I thought. Then, the karaoke temptation. Do I do it? Do I succumb to the siren song of off-key singing and questionable dance moves?
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Karaoke (The Disaster!) I did it. I went to karaoke. It was… a disaster. My singing voice is even worse than I thought. The experience was, however, hilarious.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Goodbye Nanchang (and the Promise of Noodles): Heading to the airport. Nanchang, you were… an experience. I'll be back. Mainly for the noodles. And maybe, just maybe, to redeem myself at karaoke.
Post-Trip Thoughts:
Nanchang wasn't perfect. It was chaotic, confusing, and sometimes frustrating. But it was also vibrant, delicious, and full of surprises. I learned a few Mandarin phrases, ate the best noodles of my life, and may or may not have embarrassed myself in a karaoke bar. Would I go back? Absolutely. And next time, I'm bringing my own coffee. And maybe a phrasebook. And a strong stomach.
Escape to Paradise: Ruth Lake Lodge Awaits in BC's Hidden Gem!
Bayi Square Views at Atour Hotel - Nanchang: Let's Get Real (and a Little Messy)
So, is this Atour Hotel actually the 'BEST' in Nanchang? Come on, spill!
Okay, okay, 'BEST' is a loaded word, right? It's like saying "the BEST ice cream flavor" – depends on your mood! But, here's the deal: The Bayi Square Views at Atour Hotel? They're GOOD. Really good. Like, "I might actually get out of bed and see the sunrise" good. I mean, I've seen some hotel room windows that look out onto a brick wall... this is the opposite of that. You've got the square, the lights, the hustle and bustle... it's a vibe. Is it the MOST luxurious? Maybe not. Is it the BEST value for that view? Probably. I'm biased. I loved it. Okay? I'll stop yelling.
The View. We've heard about it. What's the REAL story? Is it Instagrammable?
Oh. My. God. The view. Okay, fine. I'll go there. It's Instagrammable, yes. But here's the thing: Pictures don't DO IT JUSTICE. I mean, I tried. I took like, a hundred photos at sunset. They all looked... okay. But standing there, with the wind in your hair (if you have any!), and the city lights twinkling? That's magic. I actually got a little choked up the first night. (Don't judge me! I'm a sucker for a good skyline.) I may or may not have spent a solid hour just staring out the window, completely forgetting I had a meeting the next morning. Worth it. Totally worth it. Pro Tip: Get a room on a higher floor. Duh.
Let's talk about the rooms. Are they actually... nice? Or just 'hotel nice'?
Alright, the rooms. They're… modern. Clean. Functional. Not super-fancy. Think IKEA meets minimalist chic, with a splash of local art. (I think it was art… maybe it was just a giant abstract splash of color. I’m no art critic.) The bed was comfy enough. Pillows were… well, they were pillows. Not the fluffy cloud kind, but not the rock-hard kind either. Perfectly adequate. The bathroom was clean, the water was hot (essential!), and the toiletries were… those little generic hotel things. Fine. Honestly, I spent so much time staring out the window, I barely noticed the room itself. It was a place to sleep, change, and occasionally weep at the beauty of the Bayi Square. So, yeah. Nice enough. But the view is the star.
What about the location? Is it convenient or a trek from everything?
Location, location, location! It’s… good. Right on Bayi Square, which means you’re in the thick of it. Food, shopping, and… well, lots of people. It's Nanchang, not some remote mountain retreat. You're gonna be surrounded by life. Public transportation is readily available, which is cool if you're into that sort of thing. I, however, am not. I'm more of a "grab a Didi" kind of person. It’s close to a lot of things, but Nanchang is a pretty big city, so don't expect to walk everywhere. Be prepared for a bit of a commute to some of the less central attractions. But the square itself? Right there. Perfect for people-watching. I'm a big fan of people-watching.
Breakfast? Is it the typical sad hotel buffet?
Okay, breakfast. Here's the truth: I'm not a breakfast person. I'm one of those people who’d rather sleep for an extra hour than eat. So, take my opinion with a grain of salt, or maybe a whole bowl of congee. They had a buffet. Standard hotel buffet fare. There was… something. A lot of something. I saw eggs (scrambled, I think), some kind of noodles, and a suspicious-looking meat product. I grabbed a coffee and a pastry (it was okay). My travel companion, however, who is a breakfast enthusiast, seemed… content. So, maybe it's good? Or maybe she was just happy to be awake. I honestly don't know. Prepare for buffet expectations. Don't go in expecting Michelin-star quality. But it will fill your belly. And they had coffee. That's the important part. (Coffee is LIFE.)
Did anything annoy you? Be honest!
Okay, okay. Here's the grumpy part. The Wi-Fi was a bit… temperamental. It kept cutting out. Which, in the age of instant connectivity, is a major pain in the… well, you get the idea. I needed to get some work done, and it was a struggle. Also, the noise from the square can be… lively. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. And, this is a super minor thing, but the elevator was a little slow. I mean, it's not the end of the world, but after the tenth trip, you start to notice. Oh, and one time I asked for extra towels and they forgot. I had to call them again. Minor, but still… annoying. Look, no hotel is perfect. But the view… it makes you forgive a lot. A LOT.
Would you go back? Seriously.
Absolutely. Without a doubt. Even with the dodgy Wi-Fi and the slow elevator. The view. The view! It’s worth it. It really is. I'd go back just for that. I'd probably even pay extra for a room with the view. (Don't tell them I said that.) It's not just a hotel, it's an experience. And a pretty darn good one, at that. Just… bring your own earplugs and a portable Wi-Fi hotspot (just in case). And maybe a good book to stare out the window with. You won't regret it. Unless you hate beautiful cityscapes. Then, well, maybe it's not for you. But you'd be wrong.
Any other tips or things to know?
Okay, a few rapid-fire tips: 1. Learn a few basic Mandarin phrases. It helps. 2. Download a translation app. You'll need it. 3. Pack comfortable shoes.Stay Finder Review

