Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Your Perfect Stay Awaits at MainStay Suites I-90!

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Your Perfect Stay Awaits at MainStay Suites I-90!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the MainStay Suites I-90 in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. "Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Your Perfect Stay Awaits!" they say. Let's see about that, shall we? I'm not one for flowery prose, so expect the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the slightly-stained truth.

First Impressions & Accessibility (and my inner grump)

Finding this place was… well, it wasn't challenging, but the directions on my phone were, let's just say, interpretive. You know, like modern art. Anyway, the exterior is your standard, solid, dependable MainStay. Nothing flashy, nothing that's going to make you spontaneously combust with joy. It's functional, like a good pair of khakis.

Accessibility: Okay, this is important. They say they're accessible, and from what I could see, they mostly are. There's an elevator (praise the heavens!), and I spotted ramps. I didn't need a wheelchair, but I did notice wide hallways, which is always a good sign. For those who need it, definitely call ahead and confirm specific room details because, let's be honest, sometimes "accessible" can be a bit… vague.

The Room – My Fortress of Solitude (and Wi-Fi Woes)

Alright, the room. It's… comfortable. Not "wow" comfortable, more like "I could happily spend a weekend here in my PJs" comfortable. The bed was decent, not a cloud, but not a torture rack either. The air conditioning? Thank the gods, it worked like a charm. Essential in Idaho, trust me.

Wi-Fi: Oh, the Wi-Fi. The bane of my existence. They promise "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!", and technically, they deliver. Technically. It's like that friend who says they'll be on time but arrives fashionably late (or, in this case, sporadically functional). Sometimes it was blazing fast, sometimes it was slower than a snail in molasses. This is a huge deal for me, as I'm a digital nomad, so this was a major bummer. The free Wi-Fi in the public areas was marginally better.

The Amenities – A Mixed Bag

Okay, let's rattle through the list.

  • Things to do: The hotel itself doesn't have much in the way of activities, but you're in Coeur d'Alene! Hiking, boating, all that lovely Idaho stuff.
  • Ways to Relax: They have a swimming pool [outdoor]. Looked inviting, but I didn't get a chance to jump in.
  • Fitness center: (Gym/fitness) – I peeked in. Looked… serviceable. Not a gold-plated, state-of-the-art gym, but enough to break a sweat.
  • Spa/Sauna: Nope. Not here.
  • Dining, drinking, and snacking:
    • Breakfast [buffet]: The free breakfast was… well, it was free. Cereal, pastries, the usual suspects. Nothing to write home about, but it got the job done.
    • Coffee shop: Don't expect a local, artisan coffee shop.
    • Restaurants: Nothing on-site, but there are plenty of options nearby.
    • Poolside bar: No.
    • Snack bar: No.

Cleanliness and Safety – The Pandemic Edition

This is where MainStay shined. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, and I was genuinely impressed.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol: Check, check, check, check, and check! They were serious about cleanliness. I felt safe, which is a huge relief.
  • Cashless payment service: A definite plus!
  • Individual-wrapped food options: A good touch.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They tried, anyway. It's hard to control other guests.

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things

  • Daily housekeeping: Yep. My room was always spotless.
  • Elevator: Essential.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: As mentioned above, they say they have them. Confirm details.
  • Laundry service: Nice to have.
  • Luggage storage: Handy.
  • Front desk [24-hour]: Always a plus.
  • Free Car park [free of charge]: Another big win!

For the Kids

  • Family/child friendly: Seems like it. I saw families.
  • Kids facilities: Didn't see anything specific.

My "I Can't Believe This Happened" Moment – The Coffee Maker Catastrophe

Okay, this is where the story gets interesting. I'm a coffee addict. A serious coffee addict. The first morning, I excitedly went to brew a cup of joe. The coffee maker… didn't work. I called the front desk (24-hour service, remember?). Within minutes, a lovely woman was at my door, coffee maker in hand. Turns out, the previous guest had somehow jammed a piece of… something… inside the filter basket. I have no idea how. Anyway, she apologized profusely, fixed it, and even gave me a complimentary bag of their coffee. This is the kind of service that makes you feel like you're actually cared for. This is what MainStay Suites I-90 is really about. The people.

The Annoying Bits (Because Nothing's Perfect)

  • The occasional hallway noise: It's a hotel. You'll hear doors slamming, people talking. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
  • The Wi-Fi (again): Seriously, MainStay, please upgrade your Wi-Fi!
  • No real "vibe": It's functional, not fancy. Don't expect a hip, trendy experience.

The Verdict – Is It Worth It?

Yes, mostly. MainStay Suites I-90 in Coeur d'Alene is a solid choice, especially if you prioritize cleanliness, friendly service, and a comfortable, no-frills stay. The Wi-Fi could be better, and it's not the most glamorous hotel, but it's a good value for the price.

My Quirky, Stream-of-Consciousness Closing

Honestly, I'd stay here again. The staff was amazing. That coffee maker fiasco? Pure comedy gold, and it's a story I'll be telling for years. And in a place that's so focused on outdoor adventure, it's nice to know you have a safe and comfortable place to come back to.

The SEO-Friendly, Booking-Inducing Offer!

Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Your Perfect Stay Awaits at MainStay Suites I-90!

Tired of the same old hotel routine? Craving a clean, comfortable, and conveniently located basecamp for your Coeur d'Alene adventure? Look no further!

MainStay Suites I-90 offers:

  • Impeccable Cleanliness & Safety: With our commitment to anti-viral cleaning, daily disinfection, and friendly staff trained in safety protocols, you can relax and enjoy your stay with peace of mind.
  • Comfortable & Spacious Suites: Unwind in well-appointed rooms with convenient amenities, including a refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, and free bottled water.
  • Free Breakfast: Fuel your day with our complimentary breakfast, offering a variety of options to get you started.
  • Convenient Location: Explore the stunning beauty of Coeur d'Alene, with easy access to hiking trails, lakes, and local attractions.
  • Wheelchair Accessible Rooms Available call ahead for availability.
  • Free parking

But wait, there's more!

Book your stay at MainStay Suites I-90 today and receive a special discount! Use code "CDAGETAWAY" during your reservation and receive 10% off your stay!

Don't miss out on this incredible offer! Book now and experience the perfect Coeur d'Alene Getaway!

[Link to Booking Website]

#CoeurDAlene #Idaho #Hotel #Travel #Vacation #MainStaySuites #CoeurDAleneGetaway #AccessibleHotel #CleanHotel #FamilyFriendly #FreeWifi #OutdoorAdventure #LakeCoeurDAlene #NorthIdaho #TravelDeals #BookNow #HotelReview #BestHotels #ComfortableStay #CoeurDAleneHotels

Uncover Hidden Paradise: Hotel Marrodan's Arnedillo Secret!

Book Now

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, pre-packaged travel brochure. This is ME in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, baby! And I'm staying at the MainStay Suites I-90 City Center. Let's see if this whole "suite" life lives up to the hype…

Day 1: Arrival, Mild Panic, and the Quest for Coffee

  • 1:00 PM (ish): Arrive at MainStay Suites. Honestly, finding it was a mission. My GPS, bless its digital heart, decided to take me on a scenic tour of residential streets. Ended up circling the block three times. Finally, there it was, nestled between a gas station and a… well, another gas station. First impression? Functional. Not exactly "Instagrammable," but hey, I'm here for the experience, right? The lobby smelled faintly of chlorine and… hope?
  • 1:15 PM: Check-in. The front desk guy, bless his cotton socks, seemed genuinely happy to see me. Which is more than I can say for my luggage, which was clearly plotting an escape. The room? Okay, let's be real: it's a hotel room. Clean enough, a kitchenette that I'll probably use for instant ramen, and a view of… the parking lot. (Cue dramatic sigh).
  • 1:45 PM: The coffee crisis. I needed coffee. Like, right now. The in-room coffee maker looked… questionable. Decided to brave the outside world. Found a cute little coffee shop a few blocks away called "Vault Coffee." The coffee was strong, the pastries were delightful, and the baristas were actually smiling. This is a good sign. This is a very good sign.
  • 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Settling in, unpacking (sort of), and a quick reconnaissance mission. Explored the immediate surroundings. Found a surprisingly charming park a few blocks away. Watched some kids chase ducks. Briefly considered joining them. Decided against it. (My dignity, you see.) Also, I discovered a fantastic grocery store nearby. Score!
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Nap. Let's be honest, I'm not getting any younger. That drive took it out of me.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner. Tried the "Iron Horse Bar & Grill" for dinner. Pretty good. The burger was juicy. The fries were crispy. The service was a little slow, but hey, I'm on vacation. No need to rush, right?
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Back to the room. Watched some TV. Started a book. Fell asleep. Classic.

Day 2: Lake Coeur d'Alene, Boats, and Existential Dread (Just a Little)

  • 8:00 AM: Coffee (thank God for the Vault). This time, I got a croissant. Feeling fancy.
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Lake Coeur d'Alene! The reason I came! Took a scenic boat tour. The lake is stunning, the scenery is breathtaking, and the captain was… well, a little too enthusiastic about the history of the area. (Did I really need to know about the geological formations of the lake? I'm here for the views, dude!) Despite the Captain's detailed history lessons, the cruise was worth it. The water was shimmering, the mountains were majestic, and I even saw a bald eagle! (Okay, maybe it was a hawk. I'm not a bird expert, alright?)
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. Ate at a waterfront restaurant called "Beverly's." The food was amazing. The view? Even better. I could sit there and stare at the lake all day. (And I almost did!)
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Exploring the city. Wandered around downtown. Browsed some shops. Bought a ridiculously overpriced souvenir. (Don't judge me!) The town is cute, but it's also… touristy. A little. Felt a pang of existential dread. Is this all there is? Just pretty scenery and overpriced trinkets? Then I saw a dog wearing sunglasses. All doubts vanished.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Read my book. Contemplated the meaning of life (again). Realized I was hungry.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner at "Hudson's Hamburgers." Classic. Simple. Perfect.
  • 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Walk along the lake. Watched the sunset. The colors were incredible. Feeling… content. Maybe this vacation thing isn't so bad after all.

Day 3: The Quest for Adventure (and Possibly a Good Breakfast)

  • 8:00 AM: Okay, so the complimentary breakfast at the hotel… let's just say it's functional. Decided to skip it and head to Vault Coffee again. Needed a caffeine boost and a dose of deliciousness.
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Adventure time! Signed up for a kayaking tour. I'm not exactly an outdoorsy person, but I figured, "Why not?" Turns out, kayaking is hard. My arms were screaming. I almost capsized. But the views were amazing, and the feeling of accomplishment… well, that was pretty great too.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. Grabbed a quick bite at a deli near the lake. Sandwiches were good. Needed fuel after that kayak ordeal.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Exploration of the area, including a local park, City Beach, and looking for a new place to eat.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Downtime. Relaxing, watching a movie, and ordering food to the room.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. Decided to order in tonight. Pizza sounded good.
  • 8:00 PM: Packing up, watching TV, and going to sleep.

Day 4: Departure and the Aftermath

  • 8:00 AM: Last coffee from Vault Coffee. Seriously, I'm going to miss that place.
  • 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Check out of the hotel. Said goodbye to the nice front desk guy.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Drive home. Reflecting on my trip.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Arrival at home, and unpack.

Final Thoughts:

Coeur d'Alene? Not bad, not bad at all. MainStay Suites? It served its purpose. Would I stay there again? Maybe. If I'm on a budget and need a place to crash. Would I recommend it? Sure, if you're not expecting luxury. The real star of the show was the lake, the coffee, and the surprisingly charming town. And hey, I survived! That's a win in my book. Now, where's the next adventure? And more importantly, where's the coffee?

Escape to Paradise: Stunning 3-BR in Bernam68, Tanjong Malim!

Book Now

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Your Perfect Stay Awaits at MainStay Suites I-90! - FAQs (Because Let's Be Real, You Have Questions)

Okay, So... MainStay Suites I-90. Is it Actually *Good*? (Because Google Reviews Are a Minefield)

Alright, let's get down to brass tacks. The internet is a liar sometimes. And yes, Google reviews are a mixed bag. Look, I've stayed at places that promised "luxury" and delivered a lumpy mattress and a shower that spat lukewarm water. MainStay Suites? It's not the Ritz. But it's solid. It's *reliable*. Think of it as the dependable friend who always shows up on time and brings the beer. (Except, you know, they bring the *suite*.)

My personal experience? I booked it for a quick weekend getaway with my partner, mostly because it seemed…easy. And you know what? Easy is a blessing. The room was clean. Seriously, *clean*. (And as someone with a slight dust allergy, that's a win.) The bed was comfortable enough that I didn't wake up feeling like I'd been wrestling a bear all night. The free breakfast? Okay, it wasn't gourmet, but the waffles were…well, they were waffle-shaped, and they had syrup. And coffee. Lots of coffee. Which, let's be honest, is crucial for a weekend getaway.

So, is it *good*? Yeah, it's good. It's a solid, reliable, comfortable basecamp for exploring Coeur d'Alene. Don't expect champagne wishes and caviar dreams, but do expect a decent stay. And for the price? Hard to beat.

What’s the Deal with the "Suites" Part? Are We Talking Actual Space or Just a Clever Name?

Okay, this is important. Because "suite" can be a real stretch sometimes. Like, I've seen "suites" that are basically a slightly larger closet with a microwave. At MainStay, you get…well, *space*. Not palatial, mind you. I wouldn't throw a ball in there. But you get a separate living area with a sofa (which, let's be honest, is where I spent most of my time), a kitchenette (microwave, mini-fridge – perfect for leftovers), and usually a separate bedroom.

The advantage? You can spread out. You can actually *relax* without tripping over your luggage. And if you're traveling with kids? (God bless you, you brave souls.) It's a lifesaver. You can actually close the door and pretend they don't exist for a few blessed minutes. (Okay, maybe not pretend, but you get the idea.) So, yes, the "suites" part is legit. Not a mansion, but definitely more than just a cramped hotel room.

I See "Free Breakfast." Is This the Cereal-and-Stale-Pastries Kind, or…Something Else? (My Stomach Demands Answers)

Alright, the breakfast. This is where things get…realistic. Let's be clear: it's not a gourmet brunch buffet. You won't find a chef flipping omelets on demand. But it’s a *free* breakfast. And free breakfast is a beautiful thing.

Expect the usual suspects: cereal (the kind that gets soggy in approximately 3 seconds), pastries (some may be stale, but hey, that’s the game), bagels (with cream cheese, thank the heavens), and…the waffle maker. Ah, the waffle maker. This is the star of the show. It's a self-serve waffle machine, and it's a glorious thing. You pour in the batter, wait a few minutes, and *voila*! A perfectly imperfect waffle. Slather it in syrup (they have a variety!), and you're golden. Coffee is plentiful, and there's usually some kind of fruit (probably bananas, because bananas are always there).

So, is it amazing? No. Is it enough to get you going for a day of exploring Coeur d'Alene? Absolutely. Plus, you can always grab some extra waffles. No one's judging. (I definitely grabbed extra waffles.)

What's the Location Like? Is it Easy to Get to Stuff? I Don't Want to Spend My Vacation Stuck in Traffic.

Okay, location, location, location! This is actually a strong point for MainStay Suites I-90. It's right off I-90, which makes it super easy to get to. And look, I’m not a fan of driving around aimlessly on vacation. I want to *do* things.

It's close to a lot of stuff. You can easily drive to downtown Coeur d'Alene (the lake, the shops, the restaurants – all the good stuff). It's also relatively close to Silverwood Theme Park (if you're into that kind of thing – I, personally, am a roller coaster-loving fiend, so it's a HUGE plus for me).

Now, it's not *right* in the heart of everything. You'll probably need to drive a little bit to get to the lakefront. But the accessibility to the highway is a HUGE bonus. It means you can get around easily. And honestly, the drive to the lake is pretty. So, it's a win-win. Plus, it’s easy to find. I am directionally challenged, and even *I* found it without a problem.

Is There a Pool? Because, Let's Be Honest, Vacations and Pools Go Hand in Hand.

Yes! There is a pool! And a hot tub! (Important distinction.) Okay, look, I'm a sucker for a good pool. Especially after a long day of…well, *doing* things. Hiking, shopping, eating – it all takes a toll.

The pool is…well, it’s a pool. It’s not Olympic-sized, but it's perfectly adequate for a refreshing dip. It's clean, and there are usually some chairs for lounging. The hot tub? Ah, the hot tub. That's where the magic happens. (Okay, maybe not *magic*, but it's seriously relaxing.) It's the perfect way to unwind after a long day. Bubbles, warm water…what'Honeymoon Havenst

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

MainStay Suites I-90 City Center Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States