Escape to Lakeside Paradise: Comfort Inn & Suites Show Low Awaits!

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Escape to Lakeside Paradise: Comfort Inn & Suites Show Low Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the deep end of the Show Low, Arizona experience! We're talking Escape to Lakeside Paradise: Comfort Inn & Suites Show Low Awaits! – and let me tell you, it's… well, it's an experience. This isn't just a review; it's a therapy session, a travelogue, and maybe, just maybe, a warning.

First, the SEO stuff (because we have to):

Keywords, Keywords, Keywords! (I'm yelling this for emphasis, like I do in the shower when I realize I forgot to buy milk). We need to hit those search terms! Think: "Show Low hotels," "Comfort Inn Show Low," "accessible hotels Arizona," "family-friendly Show Low," "spa hotels Arizona," "Show Low lakeside getaway," "pet-friendly hotels Show Low," "hotel with pool Show Low," "Show Low business travel," "best hotels in Show Low." Got it? Good. Now, let's actually talk about the place.

Accessibility – Can You Get Around? (Mostly, Yes!)

Okay, so accessibility is a huge deal for me. I’m not personally in a wheelchair, but I have friends who are, and I'm always looking out for them (and you!). Comfort Inn Show Low does boast "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a good start. I'm talking elevators, I'm talking accessible rooms (hopefully with enough space to actually move), and hopefully, ramps. But here's the deal, folks: always call ahead and confirm. Don't just trust the website. Get on the phone and grill them. Ask specifically about the doorways, the bathrooms, the pool access. Don't be shy! You're paying for a service, and you deserve the details.

Wheelchair Accessible? I can't personally vouch for the full accessibility, but the listing suggests it. Verify, verify, verify!

Internet Access – Bless Those Wi-Fi Gods!

Thank goodness for Wi-Fi. Seriously. "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" and "Wi-Fi in public areas." This is a MUST in this day and age. "Internet [LAN]" too, for the old schoolers. I'm picturing someone with a really old laptop, like, from the early 2000s, dusting it off. Good for them.

Things to Do – Beyond the Hotel Walls

Show Low is all about the outdoors, right? Lakeside Paradise, they say? Well, you’ve got… lakes! (Surprise!) Hiking trails, fishing, the whole shebang. The hotel doesn't advertise its own activities, so you're on your own for that. Research beforehand! Don't just show up and expect magic.

Ways to Relax – The Spa-ish Dream (or Reality?)

Okay, here's where it gets interesting. The "Spa" section is… ambitious. "Body scrub," "Body wrap," "Foot bath," "Massage," "Sauna," "Spa," "Spa/sauna," "Steamroom." Wow. That's a lot of spa! Here's what I suspect: it's probably a small spa, maybe even a single room. Don't go expecting a Four Seasons. Manage your expectations. But hey, a little massage after a long day of driving through the desert? Sign me up!

(Side note: I once booked a "luxury spa experience" that turned out to be a glorified massage chair in a slightly dim room. Lesson learned: always read reviews.)

Fitness Center, Gym/fitness, Swimming Pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] – Fitness center and a pool – essential. Seriously, after sitting in a car all day, you need to stretch those legs. And the pool? Come on. That's the whole point.

Cleanliness and Safety – The COVID-19 Era

This is crucial. "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Hand sanitizer," "Individually-wrapped food options," "Physical distancing of at least 1 meter," "Professional-grade sanitizing services," "Rooms sanitized between stays," "Safe dining setup," "Staff trained in safety protocol." This is what you want to see. They’re at least trying. Look for reviews that specifically mention cleanliness. That's how you'll really know.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fueling the Adventure

"Breakfast in room," "Breakfast takeaway service," "A la carte in restaurant," "Asian cuisine in restaurant," "Bar," "Breakfast [buffet]," "Coffee/tea in restaurant," "Coffee shop," "Desserts in restaurant," "International cuisine in restaurant," "Poolside bar," "Restaurants," "Room service [24-hour]," "Salad in restaurant," "Snack bar," "Soup in restaurant," "Vegetarian restaurant," "Western breakfast," "Western cuisine in restaurant." Okay, that’s a lot of options. I’m a breakfast person, so I’m very interested in the "Breakfast [buffet]" situation. Buffet… during a pandemic? Again, check the reviews. How's the food? Is it good? That's what really matters.

(Anecdote time: I once stayed at a hotel with a "gourmet buffet" that consisted of stale bagels and questionable scrambled eggs. It was a rough morning.)

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things

"Air conditioning in public area," "Business facilities," "Cash withdrawal," "Concierge," "Contactless check-in/out," "Convenience store," "Currency exchange," "Daily housekeeping," "Doorman," "Dry cleaning," "Elevator," "Facilities for disabled guests," "Food delivery," "Gift/souvenir shop," "Invoice provided," "Ironing service," "Laundry service," "Luggage storage," "Meeting/banquet facilities," "On-site event hosting," "Safety deposit boxes," "Terrace," "Xerox/fax in business center." All the usual suspects. The "Contactless check-in/out" is a definite plus in today's world. A convenience store? Always handy for snacks and forgotten essentials.

For the Kids – Family Friendly!

"Babysitting service," "Family/child friendly," "Kids meal," "Kids facilities." Good to know if you're traveling with little ones.

Access – The Nitty Gritty

"CCTV in common areas," "CCTV outside property," "Check-in/out [express]," "Check-in/out [private]," "Exterior corridor," "Fire extinguisher," "Front desk [24-hour]," "Hotel chain," "Non-smoking rooms," "Safety/security feature," "Security [24-hour]," "Smoke alarms." Basic, but important. 24-hour front desk? Essential.

Available in all rooms – The Room Itself

"Additional toilet," "Air conditioning," "Alarm clock," "Bathtub," "Blackout curtains," "Closet," "Coffee/tea maker," "Complimentary tea," "Daily housekeeping," "Desk," "Extra long bed," "Free bottled water," "Hair dryer," "High floor," "In-room safe box," "Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities," "Laptop workspace," "Linens," "Mini bar," "Non-smoking," "Private bathroom," "Refrigerator," "Satellite/cable channels," "Seating area," "Separate shower/bathtub," "Shower," "Smoke detector," "Socket near the bed," "Sofa," "Soundproofing," "Telephone," "Toiletries," "Towels," "Wake-up service," "Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens." Okay, the basics are there. Coffee maker? Check. Wi-Fi? Check. A window that opens? Thank the heavens! Fresh air is a luxury.

(Rant time: I once stayed in a hotel room with no window. It was like sleeping in a coffin. Never again.)

Getting Around – Logistics

"Airport transfer," "Bicycle parking," "Car park [free of charge]," "Car park [on-site]," "Taxi service," "Valet parking." Free parking is always a win.

Now, Let's Get Real: My Experience (Or, What I Imagine)

Okay, so I haven't actually stayed here. But based on the listing, here's what I'm picturing:

  • The Arrival: You pull up. Free parking! Score. Check-in is… hopefully smooth. Contactless, maybe? That's the dream.
  • The Room: Clean. Hopefully clean. A comfortable bed is a must. Blackout curtains are a godsend for sleeping in. Free Wi-Fi, connecting to your laptop, you get some work done, or just binge-watch.
  • The Pool: Ah, the pool. The promise of relaxation. Hopefully, it's not overcrowded. Maybe a few people are lounging around, reading books. Maybe you'll even make a friend.
  • The Breakfast: This is where it gets critical. Is the buffet a COVID-friendly disaster, or a reasonably satisfying start to the day? I'm
Istanbul's Hidden Gem: Avcı Palace Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's pristine itinerary. This is the "I-need-a-vacation-from-my-vacation" version, Show Low edition. We're aiming for Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside, and let's be honest, the comfort part is the goal here.

Show Low Showdown: A Messy, Emotional, and Hopefully Fun Adventure

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Motel Room Gamble

  • 1:00 PM: Landed in Phoenix. Okay, so, the drive to Show Low is already a thing. My car's making this weird clicking noise, which I'm choosing to ignore because, you know, vacation. First stop? The godforsaken rental car place. Pray for me.
  • 3:00 PM: Arrived at the Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside. The lobby? Surprisingly… pleasant. Smells faintly of chlorine and… hope? Check-in was smooth, which I'm counting as a small victory. Now, the room. This is where things get interesting.
    • Anecdote: Last time I stayed at a place like this, I found a half-eaten bag of chips under the bed. I’m secretly hoping for a similar discovery. It's like a treasure hunt.
  • 3:30 PM: Room review. It’s… fine. Cleanish. The carpet looks like it's seen some things. The view? The parking lot. My emotional reaction? Mild disappointment. I am, however, absolutely thrilled they have a mini-fridge. Supplies must be secured.
  • 4:00 PM: Unpack (mostly). The suitcase explosion is real. I'm already regretting packing those extra shoes. But hey, options!
  • 5:00 PM: Pool check. Alright, the pool is small, but the water is clear. I swear, I’ve seen bigger pools in my bathroom. But it’s fine. Okay it’s not fine. The kids are already having a cannonball contest. I'm going to need a drink.
  • 6:30 PM: Dinner. I am starving. Found a local diner, "Granny's Kitchen" (not the real name, but I can’t remember it). The food? Comfort food. The service? Flaky. I ordered the chicken fried steak. It was a mountain of fried deliciousness. And the mashed potatoes? Real. Actual mashed potatoes. I’m in love.
  • 8:00 PM: Back at the motel. Watching TV. Flipping through channels. The remote control is a mystery. I’m pretty sure I’m going to fall asleep before the credits roll.

Day 2: Lakeside Lakes and a Near-Disaster

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Surprisingly well-rested. The bed? Actually not that bad. The coffee, however, is a crime against humanity. I’m going to need a real coffee, stat.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The complimentary breakfast at the hotel is… well, it's free. Cereal that tastes like cardboard, questionable scrambled eggs, and a waffle maker that requires a degree in engineering. I’m opting for the fruit.
  • 9:00 AM: Lakeside exploration. Driving around the lake. It’s pretty. Very pretty. Okay, so pretty. I need to take some photos. The water is that perfect lake color, you know, the one that makes you want to dive in.
    • Quirky Observation: I saw a guy fishing. He was wearing a hat that said "I'd Rather Be Fishing." I feel him.
  • 10:30 AM: Hiking. Found a trail. A short trail. I don't do hiking. This is a mistake. My legs are already screaming. The scenery, however, is gorgeous. Worth the pain.
  • 11:30 AM: Near-Disaster. Okay, so, I got a little lost. The trail markers were confusing. I thought I was going one way, but I was clearly going another. I ended up scrambling down a steep incline. I almost fell. I screamed. I saw my life flash before my eyes. I made it back to the car. I need a drink.
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch. Found a little cafe. Had a salad. The salad was fine. I'm still shaky from the hiking incident.
  • 2:00 PM: Nap. I need a nap. I'm going to go back to the hotel and lie down.
  • 4:00 PM: Pool time. This time, I brought a book. It's the kind of book you read at the pool. The kids are still cannonballing. I'm trying to focus.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Back to Granny's (kidding, still can't remember the name). This time, I went for the pot roast. It was so good I almost cried.
  • 8:00 PM: Stargazing. Show Low has amazing stars. I tried to take a photo, but it didn't work. The stars were real. I’m going to call it a night.

Day 3: Show Low's Charm and Departure (Almost)

  • 7:00 AM: Coffee. This time, I brought my own. The hotel room coffee is still a crime.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Same deal. I'm running low on fruit.
  • 9:00 AM: Show Low town. I explored some shops. It’s a quaint little town. Found a souvenir. I feel like I should be getting my life together.
  • 11:00 AM: Back to the hotel. Packing. I am not looking forward to the drive back.
  • 12:00 PM: Check out. The checkout was… smooth. The front desk lady was super nice. Maybe I should have asked her about the best fishing spots.
  • 12:30 PM: Departure. The car is still making that noise. I'm ignoring it. Wish me luck.
  • 12:35 PM: STOP! I forgot my phone charger!
  • 12:45 PM: Back at the hotel. Got my charger. Seriously, what am I doing with my life?
  • 1:00 PM: Finally, actually departing.

Final Thoughts:

Show Low. It's not the most glamorous place in the world, but it's got a certain charm. The Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside was… okay. The food was good. The people were friendly. I’m going to need another vacation to recover from this vacation. Would I go back? Maybe. But next time, I'm bringing a better coffee maker. And maybe a life jacket. And definitely a better map.

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Maxim Crespellano, Italy Awaits!

Book Now

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Escape to Lakeside Paradise: Comfort Inn & Suites Show Low Awaits! ... or Does It? (A Messy FAQ)

Okay, so... Show Low, Arizona? Why Show Low? And is this Comfort Inn really "Paradise"?

Okay, deep breaths. Show Low. Look, it's not exactly the Maldives, alright? We chose Show Low because... well, we needed a quick getaway. The kids were *driving* me insane (aren't they always?), and the brochure promised "breathtaking mountain vistas" and "serene lakeside relaxation." My brain saw "escape" and my credit card, well, it saw a deal. Paradise? Let's just say I've seen better. But after the week I had, even a slightly-above-average motel room sounded like Nirvana. The "mountain vistas" were... nice. The lake? Cold. More on that later. Don't get me wrong, it's *decent*. Just manage your expectations. Think "slightly-above-average road trip stop" and you'll be golden. Don't expect a postcard. Expect... well, expectations managed. You know?

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they clean? Because I'm a germaphobe... mostly.

Okay, the rooms. This is where things get... mixed. I'm *relatively* clean. Like, I don't lick public surfaces, but I'm not scrubbing everything down with bleach. The Comfort Inn rooms were... *mostly* clean. There was that one questionable stain on the carpet near the door. Looked like... well, let's just say it wasn't coffee. I tried not to look at it. The bathroom was fine. The sheets seemed fresh. My husband, bless his heart, didn't even *notice* the stain. He's the type who'd happily sleep in a dumpster as long as there's a TV. So, yeah, if you're a hardcore germaphobe, maybe bring your own hazmat suit. If you're like me, just try to avoid looking at the carpet too closely. And maybe pack some Lysol wipes, just in case. Better safe than sorry, right?

The "free breakfast"... worth it? Or should I just bring my own Pop-Tarts?

Oh, the free breakfast. This is a *saga*. So, they advertise "hot breakfast." "Hot." Emphasis on the air quotes. The first day, I swear the scrambled eggs were made of something resembling rubber. My kids, the little food critics they are, took one look and declared it "sus." The waffles, however, were... passable. You know, those make-your-own-waffle machines? They were the saving grace. The second day, the eggs were slightly less rubbery, but the bacon? Oh, the bacon. It was like they'd cooked it into oblivion. Dry, brittle, and tasting vaguely of despair. So, Pop-Tarts? Honestly? Probably a better bet. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, pack some instant oatmeal. You'll thank me later. Or, you know, just go hungry. That's an option too. But trust me on the waffles. Focus on the waffles.

What's there to *do* in Show Low? Besides, you know, *existing*?

Okay, so "existing" is a fair assessment. Look, Show Low isn't exactly bursting with nightlife. Or, you know, any kind of life after 9 PM. We spent a lot of time at the lake. Which, as I mentioned, was cold. *Freezing*. My kids, of course, loved it. Screaming and splashing, which is the sound of parenthood, right? There are some hiking trails, which we attempted. I say "attempted" because my youngest decided that rocks were for throwing, not for walking on. We visited a local park with a playground, which was actually pretty decent. And there's a few little shops and restaurants, nothing fancy. The best thing we did? We just... *were*. We sat on the porch, read books (well, I tried to), and watched the sunset. It was… nice. Unexpectedly nice. Not exactly thrilling, but definitely relaxing. Just don't expect Vegas. Or even a mini-Vegas.

Tell me about the pool! Is it heated? Clean? Do I need to worry about rogue chlorine?

Okay, the pool. This is a *whole* other story. The brochure (yes, I'm still bitter about the brochure) promised a "sparkling" pool. "Sparkling." Let's just say the sparkle was... muted. It wasn't *dirty*, mind you, but it wasn't exactly inviting. The water temperature was... questionable. My kids, bless their fearless little hearts, jumped right in. I, however, dipped a toe in and immediately recoiled. It was chilly. Not ice-cold, but definitely not heated. The chlorine smell was... prevalent. My eyes started watering just standing near it. And that's when I noticed it. The floating... thing. It was small, brown, and... well, I'm not going to elaborate. Let's just say I steered clear of the pool for the rest of the trip. My husband, being the brave soul he is, took a dip. He emerged looking slightly green. He said it was fine. I'm not sure I believe him. So, yeah, the pool. Proceed with caution. And maybe bring your own goggles. And possibly a hazmat suit, just in case.

Anything *good* about this place? Or am I just reading a massive rant?

Okay, fair point. I *am* prone to ranting. But honestly? Yes. There were good things. The staff were genuinely friendly. Like, really nice. They were helpful, patient with the kids (who, let's be honest, were probably being terrors), and always had a smile. The location, despite my initial skepticism, was actually pretty convenient. Close to the lake, close to the shops, close to... well, everything in Show Low. And the price? It was a good deal. We got what we paid for, and maybe a little bit more. The quiet evenings on the porch, watching the stars, were genuinely lovely. And even though the breakfast was questionable, the waffles were, as I said, a saving grace. Look, it wasn't a luxury resort. It wasn't paradise. But it was a break. And sometimes, a break is all you need. Even if it involves questionable carpet stains, rubbery eggs, and a potentially contaminated pool. Sometimes, you just need to escape, even if it's just... to Show Low. And, you know, maybe that's enough.

Okay, seriously, the *lake*... what's the deal?

Cozy Stay Spots

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States

Comfort Inn & Suites Lakeside Show Low Lakeside (AZ) United States